cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view user license in CCM version 4.1?

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know how many user licenses in a CCM v4.1, can any one teach me how to view it?

5 Replies 5

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

In CCM 4.1 there are no user/device license. This is introduced in CCM 5.x and 6.x.

When buying Ip-Phones for example you already have a license for it.

So do you mean if I have 50 phones in the system, which means 50 user licenses?

if you mean creating users and associate them to the phones the answer is NO

the licensing model in which every phone needs a certain amount of DLUs to work was introduced in CUCM 5.x and will continue in further releases.

In the new versions there is also no license for just creating end users. If you want a special capbility like presence or some others then you do need to have the license for that.

in CCM 4.x and before there are no bindings between phones and licenses, or user/device and license.

you can have 100 users if you want because you want them to be in the directory and only 50 phones (this really doesn't make sense in the real life but it's just an example) and there is no licensing issue

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

My question is we using CCM version4.1 now and I have no idea how many users(phones) I can continue to add into the system before reach the license limit. If so, I need to purchase more user licneses.

Which tool can I use to view the licese limit?

Hi Jeff,

You don't need to worry about this in CCM Versions before CCM 5.x :) These licensing restrictions were not implemented until that version.

With CCM 4.x you bought the Phone with the License and are good to go!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: