Views
Helpful
Replies

A user deletes an EMAIL and it goes to Unity's deleted box

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Here's one.

I have a user that deletes normal email and it goes to their deleted box in their Unity VM box.

CCM 4.1.3

Unity 4.0.3

Exchange server

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Randall

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok. I hope the explanation that the behavior being observed is the expected behavior makes sense to you.

If Unity could be configured to only announce the voicemail messages when one goes into the deleted messages conversation in a UM configuration, this question might not arise. However, the cost to Unity for implementing such an ability to sort through this folder thats often full, and distinguish voicemail from email, would likely be so significant as to impair Unity's functionality, so we don't do it today.

Let me know if this helps your question or if you need any further clarification.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Randall,

I'm assuming this is a Unified Messaging configuration. Is this case?

In a Unified Messaging configuration, when a user plays their Deleted Items, Unity will announcing both email and voicemail messages.

Regards,

Michael.

Hello,

Yes this is Unified. So how is the Unity deleted box filling up with so many messages?

Randall

Hi Randall,

Is it possible that the bulk of the messages are email messages? Most people find that the Deleted Items folder in their Outlook client often fills up quickly, and in most cases with deleted emails. This folder is where deleted voicemails are also sent. It is one and the same folder. When one logs into Unity and goes into the deleted messages conversation, Unity announces the both the email and voicemail messages in the Deleted Items folder.

Can you confirm that this is the case, or if you are seeing different behavior.

Regards,

Michael.

yes, The bulk if not all the messages are emails.

Ok. I hope the explanation that the behavior being observed is the expected behavior makes sense to you.

If Unity could be configured to only announce the voicemail messages when one goes into the deleted messages conversation in a UM configuration, this question might not arise. However, the cost to Unity for implementing such an ability to sort through this folder thats often full, and distinguish voicemail from email, would likely be so significant as to impair Unity's functionality, so we don't do it today.

Let me know if this helps your question or if you need any further clarification.

Regards,

Michael.

Thanks Michael. they share the same deleted items box.

The user was over his email box limit so he could not receive any more.

Randall

Thanks for the update, Randall, and the opportunity to assist with this problem. Twas good to talk to you yesterday. Glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Michael.

Can someone confirm. that this is WAD...working as designed...

it seems like this just started happening here...were now i hear deleted e-ma

ils, not wav, and when i click to restore the e-mail, it comes back. i

"thought" that we only had the chance to delete, voicemails via the tui. bu

t now it seems to also do e-mails..

Thank you

In the Subscriber Template within the Messages tab, there is a checkbox for what messages to announce.  If Email is checked, it will announce email messages to users they'll be accessible via the TUI.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Michael,

Can you call me please 408-490-6734?

Thanks,

Randall