cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks DCR database replication

a.goldsmith
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to enable the 'slave' server to replicate with the master however I get the following error message:

Error in configuring the slave because Domain IDs of this machine and Master are same.

I'm using CS 3.0.6 and RME 4.0.6.

I already have Single Server signon working across both servers.

I've been through the prereqs and imported the certs. All looks good but the final step won't work?

Anyone got any idea where to start to look?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you restored a backup from one server to the other. On the slave server, edit NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/dcr.ini, and make sure the DCR_ID and DCR_GROUP_ID are unique compared to the values on the master server. Typically, the DCR_ID should be the short hostname of the local server followed by "-DCR" followed by a random number.

After changing this file, restart dmgtd.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you restored a backup from one server to the other. On the slave server, edit NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/dcr.ini, and make sure the DCR_ID and DCR_GROUP_ID are unique compared to the values on the master server. Typically, the DCR_ID should be the short hostname of the local server followed by "-DCR" followed by a random number.

After changing this file, restart dmgtd.

Brilliant! I've been working on this one for a few days now. The DCR Group ID was the same on both the master and slave. I just incremented the counter by 1 and re-added everything and it now works!

Thanks J.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: