cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP sync with AD and CM 6.1 and Outlook address book

dhingst
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installing CM6.1 and have enabled the importing of users from Active Directory. This works fine as far as it goes. In AD we set the full 10 digit phone number in the telephonenumber field and we put the five digit extension in the ipphone field. The extension is imported properly into CM. However the extension does not appear in the Exchange/Outlook address book. I want users to see both the 10 digit DID and the five digit extension in the Outlook address book. After researching it looks like I'll have to write a script that runs each night to copy the ipphone field to another one (I don't remember the name off the top of my head) that appears in the Outlook address book phone tab. This seems kind of strange and I'm trying to figure out if there is a better way. I just want users to be able to see both phone numbers in the address book. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

In order to use the accounts that are synced from the Active Directory (AD) after sync and authentication are disabled, deactivate the directory sync service, from the serviceability pages, and then delete the sync agreement and authentication configuration.

If the directory sync service is deactivated, accounts are not marked inactive and never deleted. If the directory sync service is reactivated, the accounts are marked inactive and deleted in 24 - 48 hours if a re-sync is not performed in order to make them active.

When an account is deleted or disabled from AD and a resynchronization process is done, any account that is deleted from AD is tagged in the Cisco Unified CallManager database as inactive. Garbage collection of accounts occurs every 24 hours. This process permanently deletes user information from the Cisco Unified CallManager database for any record that is marked inactive for over 24 hours.

When a user is moved from one organization unity (OU) to another and a sync operation is performed on the OU from which the user is moved, that user becomes inactive and is marked for deletion. If a sync is performed on the new OU where the user is present, the user becomes active again. Again when that user is moved back to the original OU and a sync operation is performed on this, it becomes active.

I'm afraid one of us is very confused.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can only sync one number in the LDAP field:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmcfg/b02lddir.html

notice the table on the fields

Phone Number

(drop-down list box)

For these fields, the Cisco Unified CallManager data in the field specified at left gets synchronized with the LDAP user data in the field specified at right.

For the LDAP User field, choose one of the following values:

•telephoneNumber

•ipPhone

***Choose one of the following*** is the key there. if you want a more rich feature in the directory button of your IP phone, take a look at a third party tool like Citrix application gateway "Express Directory" This replaces the cisco Directory button with Express Directory. You have a hole slew of items pulled from LDAP to the XML of the phone.

Also remember, CallManager only PULLS information FROM AD, it will not PUSH information to AD LDAP fields. It's read only. If you populate fields in CUCM, it will not push it to AD LDAP fields.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: