Helpful
Replies

problem with redirection on css11000 content switch

san_dec21
Level 1
Level 1

thanks in advance

Some one can help me urgentally

One of customer wants to redirect traffic comming on port 443 to redirect on port 7777 witch is application service running on server.I can redirect traffic from port 80 to port 7777.but i can't from 443 port

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

is the server expecting http traffic on port 7777 ?

Changing the destination port is simple.

But the CSS will not decrypt the traffic just because you changed the port.

So, do you also need to have the traffic decrypted ? If yes, do you have an ssl module on your css ?

Gilles.

thanks for reply

but i have one more question

Is it possible to pass encryted traffic through css to the server which is also support ssl without using ssl module.

I mean to say is it possible to use css only for load balancing for ssl sessions between client and server

Hi,

Yes it is possible, you just need a content rule listening for SSL traffic and balancing to the servers, also you need to apply the command "application ssl" on the rule.

Now, as Gilles mentioned before, if you want that traffic to go the the server in port 7777, then the server needs to be expecting encrypted traffic on that port.

Hope it helps!!

Diego M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: