Views
Helpful
Replies

Error with SoftKey on Phone 7960G

servicegk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a Problem with Softkeys on a 7960G Phone.

The following example works on a 7941G without Problems, but on a 7940G or 7960G I only receive XML Parse Error

=========================

<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

<Title>Titel</Title>

<Prompt>Prompt</Prompt>

<MenuItem>

<Name>this is a menu item</Name>

<URL>url1</URL>

</MenuItem>

<SoftKeyItem>

<Name>exit</Name>

<Position>1</Position>

<URL>SoftKey:Exit</URL>

</SoftKeyItem>

<SoftKeyItem>

<Name>select</Name>

<Position>3</Position>

<URL>SoftKey:Select</URL>

</SoftKeyItem>

</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

=========================

What can be the Problem?

Firmware:

7960G: SIP P0S3-08-8-00

7941G: SIP41.8-3-3SR2S

7 Replies 7

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Try to change XML tags order for SoftKeyItem. I have sth like this and it works for 7960 and 7940:

mySelect

SoftKey:Select

--

regards,

PK

Hello,

I have changed the order to:

=======================

Titel

Prompt

this is a menu item

url1

exit

SoftKey:Exit

select

SoftKey:Select

======================

but no sucess, any other ideas?

Hi, maybe you send Unicode (good for new java phones 7961, 7941) and 7960 needs ISO encoding and not a single char before ;). Please check it. If this is sth else please please upload your file (with correct url and so on).

--

regards,

pk

hello i have lookd over my files again and again, but I could not see anny problem. we are doing normaly more programming with the 79x0 phones (phonebooks, forwards, etc.) but the softkey feature seems verry tricky.

I will load up my file in this post, and if someone hase these softkey thing running, it would be nice if he can share these....

thanks for help

andreas koch

Remove this line:

--

regards,

PK

Hi, If I remove this line, then I have the same code as we was starting in these thread...

The thing is if I remove the line relatetd to the softkey, the the code will work also on the 79x0 phones after inserting the SoftKeyItem again it will only work on 79x1 Phones.

Again...Please, hase someone a working example, that I may see if this will work on my side?

I have been struggling with getting the SoftKey to work on the 7960 running SIP as well, from what I can read on other mailing lists and such is that the SoftKeyItem is not supported on these phones.

If you telnet to the phone and do a debug http you'll see the following:

[21:50:35:39017] ERROR: Could not find token SoftKeyItem in current element table.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: