Views
Helpful
Replies

CM5.0 and 6.0 question about SCCP and SIP support

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

If I was to install a CM5.0 or 6.0 system into an exiting enviroment where there are 7911, 7912 and 7940 phones running SCCP can these phones co exist with the newer 7900 phones that support SIP. I guess im asking if i can have a SCCP and SIP mixed enviroment.

Regards

Colin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Colin,

SCCP and SIP can co-exist without any issues :) Here is a clip from a good White Paper;

Enterprises with a Cisco Unified CallManager can use Cisco Unified IP phones with either SIP or the company-developed Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP). These protocols coexist within the Cisco Unified CallManager environment, allowing gradual migration to SIP while protecting investments in existing devices.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk652/tk701/technologies_white_paper0900aecd80422c70_ns165_Networking_Solutions_White_Paper.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Colin,

SCCP and SIP can co-exist without any issues :) Here is a clip from a good White Paper;

Enterprises with a Cisco Unified CallManager can use Cisco Unified IP phones with either SIP or the company-developed Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP). These protocols coexist within the Cisco Unified CallManager environment, allowing gradual migration to SIP while protecting investments in existing devices.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk652/tk701/technologies_white_paper0900aecd80422c70_ns165_Networking_Solutions_White_Paper.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

cheers Rob

just what i wanted to hear

regards

colin

Hi Coilin,

Cheers to you too my friend :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: