cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MMS:// port 554 with ACNS

rclemenger
Level 1
Level 1

I have my CE setup and have the wccp setup on my router. I see that WMT is being redirected if I use http:// to access the video. If I try to go straight to the video using MMS:// (Windows Media Service) it plays from the original site not the CE. MMS:// uses port 554. Is there a way to redirect traffic based on this port number? How can I get the MMS:// request to redirect to the CE?

7 Replies 7

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So you have the router and CE configured with WCCP service 80 and 83? (for WMS 9 which uses WMT RTSP)

And you already have the license for WMT?

It sounds to me that you have web-cache service configured but not WMT RTSP services.

Hope it helps!!

Diego M

when I do a show wccp services I get

WAE-512#sh wccp services

Services configured on this Content Engine

Web Cache

RTSP

WMT

MMSU

I dont't have a WMT license but I do have WMT enabled and am using the evaluation. A little over 16 days left on the eval.

Do you have all those services configured on the router?

Can you provide the CE and Router current configuration?

Here are the CE and router configs.

Are you using WMS9? Starting with Windows Media Services 9 Microsoft decided to use RTSP-based streaming instead of the previously used MMS.

From the docs:

With WMS 9, Microsoft introduced a major change in the streaming protocol. Windows Media Services 9 Series by default uses a new RTSP-based protocol for streaming.

These are the streaming protocols currently used by Windows Media 9 players:

•Windows Media Services 9 Series RTSP/RTP-based protocol

•Windows Media Services 9 Series-over-HTTP

A Content Engine, which is running the ACNS 5.5.1 software, has full interoperability with the Windows Media 9 server and a Windows Media 9 player over all of these streaming protocols.

So if you want to configure WMT in ACNS 5.5 you need to enable service 80 and 83

Take a look at the procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/acns/v55/configuration/local/guide/wmtstrm.html#wp1040956

Hope it helps!!

BTW, you have service 80 and 81, so then again if you have WMT RTSP (used by WMS9) you need to have 80 and 83 configured.

Thanks for the info. Seems to be working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: