Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST Changes for 3/9/08 (need some help)

Greetings all,

With DST coming up again quick, I am just making sure I am getting everything done right. Last year there was no patch for 4.x ccm so I had to do some manual changes. This year, I am getting ready to do the manual changes again.

This is what I have,

On the new US DST date, Logon with sufficient privileges to CCM Windows Server (starting with Publisher)

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Date and Time

Adjust the time accordingly

Click on TimeZone tab

Uncheck the Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes

Click Apply or Ok

Repeat steps for all servers in the cluster.

Then on April 1, after 3:00 A.M., revert the changes back. This manual clock adjustment can be done by using the same method described in steps 1-4, check the automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes and then steps 6-7 above. Note, however, that manually adjusting the clock on CallManager servers could result in a conflict in time which may produce time synchronization issues. For instance, adjusting the clock during any active call would result in incorrect call duration records. Therefore, adjusting the clock is best to be done when fewest active calls are present.

There are some workaround for this:

A) Manual DB change:

1. Using SQL, enterprise manager, access the CCM database.

Find the database named "CCM03XX" that has the hand (like share hand) on it. Go into that

CCM Database's table "TypeTimeZone" and find the time zone(s) your phones use. For each

time zone you use, update the following fields:

"stddate" to "0/11/0/1,2:0:0:0"

"dstdate" to "0/3/0/2,2:0:0:0"

2. Restart the CCM service ("Cisco CallManager").

3. If you use an NTP service, restart it as well.

4. Check your phones, the time should be correct now.

NOTE: If you have CCM failover configured you'll need to reset the phones for the changes

to take affect, the best way to do it is by resetting them from the device pool.

Look good?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcus,

Yes, this looks good except for one thing;

If the customer applied the Manual Clock Advance workaround on March 9, 2008, then:

For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 3.x or 4.x, sometime after 4:01 A.M. on April 6, 2008 it is necessary to re-check the "Automatically adjust clock for DST" box and manually set the server clock to the current local time on each Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster node.

**Note the April 6 date for this year :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marcus,

Yes, this looks good except for one thing;

If the customer applied the Manual Clock Advance workaround on March 9, 2008, then:

For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 3.x or 4.x, sometime after 4:01 A.M. on April 6, 2008 it is necessary to re-check the "Automatically adjust clock for DST" box and manually set the server clock to the current local time on each Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster node.

**Note the April 6 date for this year :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob

So March 9, April 6, then the November date.

Hi Marcus,

You are always welcome my friend :)

Yes, March 9, April 6, and November 2,2008

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: