cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Manager/Server License question

mike_lucci
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a NAC Manager failover pair with 5 sets of CAS servers. Each set of CAS servers is licensed to run different quantities of users. (i.e 1500 or 3500) I have loaded all licenses into the Manager. (All PAK Coses were properly submitted using the MAC address of the primary manager.) Is there a way to assign ...or...How can I tell which set of servers will be assigned the proper license for a specific set of max users?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

was there was only pak or was there separate paks... bcoz it goes like this with one pak u generate license for cam ( that is license for how many servers it can manage).. for this u need to provide cam mac address. then for each server FO u may use same PAK or a new one and would mention the server mac address there and that makes the exact differenc... if you had separate PAK.. each PAK is given based on the license you have requested for...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

was there was only pak or was there separate paks... bcoz it goes like this with one pak u generate license for cam ( that is license for how many servers it can manage).. for this u need to provide cam mac address. then for each server FO u may use same PAK or a new one and would mention the server mac address there and that makes the exact differenc... if you had separate PAK.. each PAK is given based on the license you have requested for...

There are separate PAK codes for each set of servers. One PAK code / license file for Manager (to include up to 20 servers). Each set of servers have a separate PAK Code. Some of the server PAK Codes have 1500 user limit, some have 3500 user limit. All PAK Codes were submitted using the Manager MAC address.

try to generate the license again for servers with server pak codes and server mac addresses and if it does happen its better you approach your cisco account manager or cisco TAC

That has been done and all .lic files have been loaded into the Manager. All is working fine. My original question was to try to understand how the NAC manager differentiates the .lic files between the pairs of servers it manages. Some of the .lic files are for 1500 users and some for 3500 users. How does the NAC Manager know which server to apply the .lic files since the PAK codes were generated with the NAC manager MAC....not the server MAC?

As I already replied License should be like this

1. License for manager - how many servers can it manage whether in Stand alone or failver (PAK + CAM mac address)

2. License for cas - how many users it can support and whether it is SA or FO(PAK + CAS mac address)

The PAK code + cas address decides the no of users it can support

This is my understanding.

Much appreciated...thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card