cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDP question

minumathur
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently reading LDP , in that i have seen one command ie show mpls ip bingig " i can see right side of screen some " inuse " tag is there , so what is meaning of that tag.

R1#show mpls ip binding

1.1.1.0/30

in label: imp-null

out label: imp-null lsr: 1.1.1.2:0

10.1.1.0/24

in label: imp-null

out label: 16 lsr: 1.1.1.2:0

11.11.11.11/32

in label: 17

out label: imp-null lsr: 1.1.1.2:0 inuse

1 Reply 1

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

This show command shows the LIB, which contains all bindings received from LDP neighbors of this router for each prefix. The "inuse" notes what it says, I mean it denotes which of the received bindings are in use by this router. The others are not in use (not used to forward traffic). The "inuse" bindings are also found in the LFIB (show mpls forwarding-table).

Kind Regards,

M.

p.s. Here is a related paragraph from documentation:

"The Label Information Base (LIB) is a structure which stores labels received from all Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) or Tag Distribution Protocol (TDP) neighbors. For Cisco implementation, labels are sent for all routes in a given router's routing table (with the exception of BGP routes), to all LDP or TDP neighbors. All labels received from neighbors are retained in the LIB, whether or not they are used. If the labels are received from a downstream neighbor for their FEC, then the labels stored in the LIB are used for packet forwarding by the LFIB. Meaning the labels used for forwarding are those received from a router's next hop to a destination, according to the router's Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) and routing tables."

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card