Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting a default background on the phones

David Rickard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've had a dig around, and can't find any information, hence this post.

I've managed to set a new image for our 7911G phones. That all works fine, but unfortunately, the user has to go in and select that image, then save it. Is there a way - presumably by setting something in list.xml - to set our custom image as the default for a phone, so it will pick up that image unconditionally?

As I say, getting the image working wasn't a problem. As an aside, I'm a little bit perplexed as to how to go about putting an image on 7961 phones, as there doesn't seem to be any sort of space to fit one! From what I can see, it'll end up behind the text of the lines and caller info. I could be wrong though. Any advice gratefully received.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately there is no way to set a default image, it's a manual per phone process

about the image on 7961's you're right. i set some background images on some test phones and since the lower part was black i was not able to see the status line, watch out for that

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply. Oh well, we'll just have to set the picture as we're setting them up.

A feature request, perhaps? ;-)

ive seen this request previously on TAC and also several times at the forum, perhaps if all of the guys looking for this could open a PER this could be included in a future release.

=)

HTH

java

How does one go about opening a 'PER'? I'll gladly do so, although I don't think I have access to TAC, so I don't know if I need any sort of rights to do so.

You need to reach your Account Manager to see if you can open the PER, not all customers/partners can do it

javalenc

HTH

java

Ah OK, thought as much. I have a few HP consultants floating about - I bet they can!

Thanks for the help :)

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

would anyone be able to post some of their 79X1 background images. I am trying to get some ideas

Thanks

Don't think there's much point me posting the image I used: I just used our standard logo (see it here: http://www.bucks.ac.uk/).

What I did do though, was I made sure to get a monochrome version. I also pushed it down to just two shades - black and white. The 7911G can only handle two 'colours', as it were. I resized it down to the size required (keeping the aspect ratio correct; I resized, down to the width, then made the canvas taller to fit). I then had to re-draw the smaller text, as it didn't size down properly. Anti-aliased, it looked fine, but in two colours, it lost the detail. So I just re-drew it in, and tidied up the rest so the roundel was round, and the other text fit properly. Little bit of fiddling, and it looked fine.

I did that using Paint and Paint.NET, so I didn't need any fancy tools either.

I am going to experiment with the 7961G by just putting a smallish logo in the bottom right corner. I have a feeling the text has a background, so the two won't clash, which would go against accessibility guidelines and whatnot.

Thanks David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: