cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 Appliance GUI configuration

codycook70
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with configuration of the GUI for the 4710. If I am using local authentication, the GUI works fine. However when I turn on aaa and use radius to authenticate, I am unable to log into the GUI.

When I place the 4710 into debug for aaa, I am sucessfully authenticating. My radius server's logs state the same.

Has anyone run across this?

2 Replies 2

Kristopher Martinez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you able to login to the CLI using AAA? Have you configued the role and domain for the user on your AAA server? Here is some documenation on configuring the role and domain for a use on the AAA server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA1_7_/configuration/security/guide/aaa.html#wp1321891

Yes to both questions. I can see the proper credentials being passed when I put the ACE into debug and the radius server shows a sucessful authentication.

One other item to note, any local accounts work fine, those that are being authenticated via radius are not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: