cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Counter changed in 6.0.0-745 for 'Reputation Filtering'?

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to 6.0.0-745 we noticed that the amount of incoming mails for 'Stopped by Reputation Filtering' is 3 x higher then before with version 5.5.1-011.

We can see the jump to the 3x higher level for the time after the upgrade.
We have checked the 'Configure Sender Reputation Multiplier' in the CLI, but this value is still on 1.

Has something changed on counting this number?

4 Replies 4

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I've just test this on a 6.0.0-622 box (don't have an active -745 box at the moment) and it worked as expected.

It's possible something has got confused during the upgrade process - can you try setting it back to 3, commit, then set it to 1 again. This won't affect historic data, so you'll need to wait a while to confirm if that's fixed it or not.

If that doesn't work let us know!

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I made the changes this morning, but the counter doesn't seem to be impressed. :wink: The values are still about 3x higher then before the upgrade.

I will have a look what happens during the weekend.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

After the upgrade on the second machine, we can see this behaviour again. Maybe this picture can help to understand:
[URL=http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=67250759li9.jpg][img:614f2a26ad]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/3057/67250759li9.th.jpg[/img:614f2a26ad][/URL]
We can't believe, that the amount of
- Stopped by Reputation Filtering
and
- Stopped as Invalid Recipients
has more then doubled after the lunch (upgrade-time on 11.4.2008) :wink:

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Clearly something there isn't right!

I'd suggest raising a call with IronPort support - this looks like it's a bug (at least in the upgrade process) so it's going to be best handled by support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: