cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator is too aggressive with keyboard shortcuts

pawprintjj
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco IP Communicator 2.0.1.1. One of the keyboard shortcuts it registers, Ctrl+Shift+A (answer phone), fails on two accounts: First, it DOESN'T answer the phone, and second, it completely takes over that shortcut. I have two separate apps where that shortcut fails to work whenever Communicator is running but does work when I shut the program down. Is there any way to disable/change this key sequence? I really need this shortcut in one of the programs.

3 Replies 3

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You may try to edit kbmap.xml file in (default path is "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IP Communicator").

--

regards,

PK

I realize I'm replying very late, but kbmap.xml does not seem to be what I need. Nowhere in there is Ctrl+Shift+A mapped, so this shortcut must be handled elsewhere in the software.

By the way, after doing some tests (and upgrading to 2.1.0.85), I should clarify that Ctrl+Shift+A DOES answer the phone IF and only if the software has focus. This begs the question of Why does it hook the #$%&^%&@# shortcut system-wide if it's not going to respond to it no matter where it's invoked?