cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator is too aggressive with keyboard shortcuts

pawprintjj
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco IP Communicator 2.0.1.1. One of the keyboard shortcuts it registers, Ctrl+Shift+A (answer phone), fails on two accounts: First, it DOESN'T answer the phone, and second, it completely takes over that shortcut. I have two separate apps where that shortcut fails to work whenever Communicator is running but does work when I shut the program down. Is there any way to disable/change this key sequence? I really need this shortcut in one of the programs.

3 Replies 3

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You may try to edit kbmap.xml file in (default path is "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IP Communicator").

--

regards,

PK

I realize I'm replying very late, but kbmap.xml does not seem to be what I need. Nowhere in there is Ctrl+Shift+A mapped, so this shortcut must be handled elsewhere in the software.

By the way, after doing some tests (and upgrading to 2.1.0.85), I should clarify that Ctrl+Shift+A DOES answer the phone IF and only if the software has focus. This begs the question of Why does it hook the #$%&^%&@# shortcut system-wide if it's not going to respond to it no matter where it's invoked?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: