cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA upgrade 3.3.5 to 4.1.3 to 5.1.1 Validation error

emikelso
Level 4
Level 4

From reading this forum, I think that I may have either run into bug CSCsd03418, or I can just delete my user and re add him later. This forum is wonderful and I took the advice to build a lab server to 3.3.5sr2a, restore with BARS, upgrade to 4.1.3, backup with BARS, then install and run DMA.

I ran the DMA 5.1.1 tool on my 4.1.3 lab Publisher and only received 2 errors. Both Business Rule Validation errors.

Warning, Business Rule validation detected violations, see C:\CiscoWebs\DMA\bin\datavalidation.log for errors. Backup tar file can still be used.

From what I've read, I can still use this file, but it will bring over the 'faulty' data and I will have to correct after my upgrade. OR, I suppose that I can delete the user/phone that is giving the error and try again. Any suggestions?

Here are the actual error messages. I ran an export with BAT and this user showed up with a tab after the first name in the export. I went into the Corp Dir and removed the space that was appearing after the first name, re-ran DMA, but still received the same error.

Thanks!

Erin

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Erin,

Yes, this is very clean looking. Either way you can proceed, but I think that I would try and fix this one error and you will really be good to go :)

Error message: DeviceNumPlanMap DisplayASCII has invalid format. It should contain letters, numbers and some special characters. Max length is 30. Regular expression used to validate: ^[a-zA-Z0-9 !#$'()*+,./:;=?@\\\\^_`}~-]{0,30}$

DisplayASCII Christoper Bressoud

Good luck with the rest of the project!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

My question is, how do I fix it? It doesn't have any special characters and it is less than 30 characters. Do I need to look at the SQL table to see the actual value?

Thanks,

Erin

Hi Erin,

Sorry, I thought maybe there was something I couldn't see (perhaps there is :)

Why don't you just remove the ASCII Alerting Name for now?

Rob

emikelso
Level 4
Level 4

Success!

I just adjusted the name so there were no extra spaces.

Thanks!

Nice thinking Erin :) 5 points for posting back with your resolution!

Take care and let us know how everything goes,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: