Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator registration issue

abeid
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have two Call Managers installed on our network, one on the 4.1 version which supports IP Communicator and the other is on 4.0 which does not support IP communicator. We are slowly migrating all the system to the new call manager with 4.1 version. Now i need to install IP communicator for one of our customer and when i installed the Ip communicator it registers with the old Call manager with 4.0 version in the initial configuration process. Since it is registered with a wrong call manager it is not working.

Now i need to change the call manager IP address settings on the IP communicator. Can any one please help me out in doing so.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

right click on IPC, choose preferences, network tab

change the TFTP server to look into the new server, when it downloads the config file from TFTP it should register to the new server

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HI,

I tried changing the TFTP server settings but still it is registering to the old call manager with 4.0 version as active call manager, Is there any way how can i edit the configuration file of the IP Communicator.

Thanks

the config file the IPC downloads is the one that tell him to which server to register.

you can try going into the TFTP service parameters, click advanced and you will get 3 options on the bottom. a couple of them are for caching the files and the other one is about which config files to create. change it to build all, restart the TFTP and then restart the IPC.

make sure the servers under the CCM group are using IPs and not hostnames to avoid any DNS issue

check the connectivity to the servers also

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: