cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express VMail passwords

silex
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure Unity express to not require passwords. I know that when you first set up users, you can give a blank password initially. but when the user enrols, it makes you set a password. Is there a way to set the system so that it is not compulsory for users to set a password when they enrol.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

This is not possible my friend.

User Interfaces/Passwords

Cisco Unity Express R1 has three separate user interfaces: a GUI, CLI and TUI (subscriber telephony interface). There are two types of users: administrators and end users (subscribers). Administrators can have access to the GUI and the CLI; subscribers can have access to the GUI and TUI.

The GUI and CLI login protections are referred to as a "password", while TUI login protection is referred to as a "PIN".

GUI

All User IDs defined on the system are password controlled on login, regardless of whether the User ID has administrator or subscribers privileges. Passwords are **mandatory and are 3 to 32 characters long, case sensitive, and allow alphabetic and numeric characters.

TUI

All mailboxes defined on the system are PIN controlled on login. PINs are **mandatory, are 3 to 19 characters long, and allow numeric characters.

From this good CUE Security doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns165/ns391/networking_solutions_design_guidance09186a00801f8e31.html#wp41238

When the password is left blank in the initial config, CUE marks it as expired and forces the user to set one.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

This is not possible my friend.

User Interfaces/Passwords

Cisco Unity Express R1 has three separate user interfaces: a GUI, CLI and TUI (subscriber telephony interface). There are two types of users: administrators and end users (subscribers). Administrators can have access to the GUI and the CLI; subscribers can have access to the GUI and TUI.

The GUI and CLI login protections are referred to as a "password", while TUI login protection is referred to as a "PIN".

GUI

All User IDs defined on the system are password controlled on login, regardless of whether the User ID has administrator or subscribers privileges. Passwords are **mandatory and are 3 to 32 characters long, case sensitive, and allow alphabetic and numeric characters.

TUI

All mailboxes defined on the system are PIN controlled on login. PINs are **mandatory, are 3 to 19 characters long, and allow numeric characters.

From this good CUE Security doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns165/ns391/networking_solutions_design_guidance09186a00801f8e31.html#wp41238

When the password is left blank in the initial config, CUE marks it as expired and forces the user to set one.

Hope this helps!

Rob

many thanks Rob,

exactly what I was looking for.

Hi David,

You are most welcome :)

Cheers!

Rob