Views
Helpful
Replies

8.0 Code Stability

rrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I'm working with a customer that has a number of ASA's running 7.2 code. They would like to try out the new 8.0 code for SSL VPN on one of the firewalls. Has the 8.0 code been stable in production environments? My gut reaction was to recommend staying on 7.2 for all other production firewalls, but I don't want to be paranoid. I just have had bad experiences with 7.0 and 7.1 code on the ASA's.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

edunn
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented 8.0 for many clients and I haven't seen any stability problems.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I think we're going to do a 'graduated approach', with the lower usage systems burning in for a few months before upgrading the big boxes.

Thanks again!

I have been running 8.0.3 have not encounter problems yet, however, you may want to read release notes on latest code 8.0.3.ED, take notes on open caveats as well as be aware of interim releases on SSL VPN.

code open caveats and interim notes found on the download page.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/asa

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card