Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless users complain of dropping

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm new to the wireless world and we have been getting complaints lately since we turned on authentication for our wireless network. We have 4402 controllers and use 1242's for AP's.

What should be the first things to look for? How would i know if I have a bad AP? I know some users are connecting with 802.11a which may be an issue. I know that I connect using 802.11a and don't seem to have an issue. This really driving me crazy.

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing some troubleshooting and I noticed the noise meter went up dramatically and dropped my laptop and now that the noise is around 97dB. So maybe I have something creating interference causing the noise to jump.

check whether u experience this dropping even with an ssid that has no authentication. if it does the same, there maybe some interference in the area... try to use auto RF for ur LAP, so the it will adjust to the least congested channel.

if it doesn't do the same dropping, your authentication may have been configured improperly.

do these to isolate the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card