Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Serious Error

yogesh.mhatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am getting the below error message alert. Could someone help to troubleshoot this problem. I have attached the alert in text file.

Thanks,

Yogesh Mhatre

3 Replies 3

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yogesh,

There are a few different bugs this could point to depending on your version of Unity. Remember, it's always a good idea to not only send the error but to also send as much other system info as possible. I have also seen where this is topical and can be ignored. Here is one such bug but again, depending on your Unity, it may not match up. Either way I would follow it's recommendation and download and install the latest TSP from Cisco.com. The link is in the bug.

CSCef87786

Symptom:

CiscoUnity_Miu intermittently throws an event log error (Event ID 550) when no real

failure has occurred. The error description will read "Cisco Unity's telephony component

has encountered a serious error". The error will also contain an explanation such as:

No response was received on port 2 while performing a blind transfer. This is a serious

failure, and most likely parties involved in the call will be disconnected. In some cases,

further calls on this port will not be handled correctly.

Conditions:

This error message can safely be ignored if there was no reported user impact and the port

designated event still accepts calls. It is believed that this error occurs when a caller

hangs up during some critical point of a blind or supervised transfer.

Workaround:

None.

Please make sure you have the latest TSP installed in your server, since I think that

would make the errors disappear. You can find and download the TSP from this link:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-cm-tsp-8x

I have also seen this happen when someone hangs up in the middle of a Unity conversation.

CSCsb19050

Symptom:

End subscribers may receive a blind transfered call from Unity. However, when answered, there is no one on line. If the call is unanswered and rolls back to Unity, two ports are conference together and end up timing out after 10 seconds of no audio recording. When this happens, the following error messages show up in Unity application log:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 550

Date: 6/8/2005

Time: 10:30:56 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Cisco Unity's telephony component has encountered a serious error.

EXPLANATION:

No reponse was received on port 5 while performing a blind transfer. This is a serious failure, and most likely parties involved in the call will be disconnected. In some cases, further calls on this port will not be handled correctly.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Thread 0x00000FC4 had a failure on port 5 in method CAvMiuLine::Transfer(eMIU_XFER_RELEASE)

Again, I would install the latest TSP that is compatible with your version of Unity and install it when you have a maintenance window as a restart will be required.

Hope this helps.

Tray

Hello,

I am sorry, i didn't mention the version and what took place before this message started coming up.

Current version of Unity 5.0.

We upgraded unity past week from 4.2 to 5.0.

Also, we have latest TSP version installed.

After the upgrade, this alert messages are showing atleast 4-5 per day.

Thanks,

Yogesh Mhatre

Thanks Tray,

I will check the unity TSP version and update it.

Regards,

Yogesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: