difference between VWic mft t1 controller and a t1 Dsu-Csu T1 v2 Wic

Answered Question
Mar 6th, 2008
User Badges:

Can anyone please tell me if these cards are essentially interchangeable provide they are configured correcty. I asked for internal DSU wic cards, and recieved VWic T1 controllers. It looks as if when you config the time slots of the T1 Controller Card you magically get a Serial interface. I am under the impression with the other card T1 DSU/CSU that the Serial interface was already present. I think I should be ok...but none the less I have five of these routers....

Correct Answer by paolo bevilacqua about 9 years 3 weeks ago

Sure it can work for data. Yes probably you've spent a bit more but also got a more advanced product.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Thu, 03/06/2008 - 12:37
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

You use the vwic when you're doing voice, or have channelized T1, or doing ISDN PRI, or other "advanced" configurations.

If you just have a T1 circuit for data only, the wic card is fine and is more economic. Now cisco also released a HWIC card for the same purpose.

tteslicko Fri, 03/07/2008 - 04:02
User Badges:

but the vwic will ultimately work for just data i am presuming then? I am concluding that we just paid a little more for it but I can go ahead without rma's etc.

Correct Answer
paolo bevilacqua Fri, 03/07/2008 - 04:14
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Sure it can work for data. Yes probably you've spent a bit more but also got a more advanced product.

Actions

This Discussion