Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Routing table is not Uptating

thiru.vel10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having problem in EIGRP. The routing table is not updating from neighboring router. The neighboring router is updating the routing table from their network.

Example.

Router A is my head office router and Router B is my branch office router RA is connected to RB through IPSEC VPN tunnel. Router B is not updating the routing table from RA. But RA is advertising RB. I am having problem with RB.

IN router B we put one default route like

Ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Router B VPN tunnel Interface

Please some one help me

Thanks a lot .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Eigrp supports dynamic neighbor discovery.

Eigrp sends hellos and receives Ack through a multicast address 224.0.0.10, Those hello and Ack are not considered reliable because its not sent as unicast.

You make sure the interfaces are in common subnet. and have eigrp adjacent, then look for the IPsec tunneling issue.

Eigrp update has nothing to do with The tunnel.

HTH

Mohamed

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Is it an IPSec over GRE tunnel VPN? If not, RB will not receive EIGRP updates from RA because IPSec does not pass multicast traffic. EIGRP multicasts its updates to 224.0.0.10.

HTH

Victor

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Following on from Victor's post, if that is the problem configure neighbor statements under your eigrp config which will make the updates unicast.

Jon

Good one, Jon. Forgot about that little trick :-)

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm echoing Victor's concerns on the GRE piece. You do need GRE on IPSec VPNs for non-IP traffic such as routing protocols to work.

IPSec is only for transporting IP encrypted traffic, EIGRP is a protocol on in itself.

If you can post more information, we should be able to help.

__

Edison.

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Eigrp supports dynamic neighbor discovery.

Eigrp sends hellos and receives Ack through a multicast address 224.0.0.10, Those hello and Ack are not considered reliable because its not sent as unicast.

You make sure the interfaces are in common subnet. and have eigrp adjacent, then look for the IPsec tunneling issue.

Eigrp update has nothing to do with The tunnel.

HTH

Mohamed

HI ALL,

Thanks for your support. The issue has fixed. There was a problem in Router A EIGRP Network. I have added one more one RB subnet in RA now it's working properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card