Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward question

mamkreutz01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have an CME 4.1 system. We configured the ephone-dns that when there is no answer after 45 seconds calls will be returned to the reception. Problem is that calls that return to the reception are called Reception in the display. So when i get a call and transfer it to a collegeau who is not on his place, the call does not return to me but to the reception. This makes odd situations possible. When i do not put in an call forward no answer then the call dies after the rings are timed out. So what is the best method for external calls who are blind transfered to someone who is not in the office or does not pick up his phone ?

3 Replies 3

mamkreutz01
Level 1
Level 1

To complete this question. It would be nice that calls return to the initiator of the call and not to the reception ? Is this a setting or service or a function that is not available in the CME 4.1 ?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Maarten,

This is really where to use the setting, Transfer System-Full Consult. This way the users are in control of the Transfer and can pull the call back to deal with it before the Forward No Answer to the Recetionist takes place.

Train the users to do a Consult Transfer rather than a Blind Transfer :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

This only works with a consult transfer and not with an blind transfer i presume ? I already noticed that on the system. There is no other way to do that ? And what about calls that are forwarded and there is no answer with blind transfer, do they allways have to fallback to something or does the call return itself ?