cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-rule question

mamkreutz01
Level 1
Level 1

Again the CME 4.1 system. We use some Nokia phones in conjunction with this system. Our nokia users in the netherlands program their phone numbers as following:

Or

What is the best way to create an outgoing dial rule for this so that when somebody puts this in the outcome would be:

Or:

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sorry, i missed you are using CME

configure the following pots dial peer:

destination-pattern 003..........

prefix 0

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Maarten,

configure the following rule:

0031.XXXXXXXXX

discard digits pre dot

prefix 0

the outcome for your example 0031612345678 would be 0612345678

so long, oliver

Hi there,

Thanks for you quick reply. I guess i will use a dial-peer voice pots for it. I can define the destination-pattern but i do not have the command discard digits. I can only use digit-strip but there i cannot put the pre dot command. I can use the prefix command. Any idea how to do this ?

sorry, i missed you are using CME

configure the following pots dial peer:

prefix 0

Thanks for the fast reply. How does the system now with this destination-pattern that 003 has to be stripped and that an zero has to be added ? Prefix 0 means the system puts an 0 extra to it ?

that's how dial-peer commands are working.

deletes all digits explicitly matches, and the prefix command add 0

for further readings see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/gatewy.html

"Dial peer commands are useful if only small changes to the beginning or end of the dialed number are necessary, such as prefixing an area code, prefixing a CO designator (NXX) to an extension number, or forwarding only the last four digits of a longer number. The wildcard matching within the destination-pattern command automatically deletes the numbers explicitly matched."

hope this helps, if so please rate.

Oliver

Hi there oliver,

There is no need for an forward-digits command in this dial-peer ?

no, forward-digits is an optional command.

you might use it only if you want to strip digits based on fix length (beginning from right)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: