cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-rule question

mamkreutz01
Level 1
Level 1

Again the CME 4.1 system. We use some Nokia phones in conjunction with this system. Our nokia users in the netherlands program their phone numbers as following:

Or

What is the best way to create an outgoing dial rule for this so that when somebody puts this in the outcome would be:

Or:

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sorry, i missed you are using CME

configure the following pots dial peer:

destination-pattern 003..........

prefix 0

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Maarten,

configure the following rule:

0031.XXXXXXXXX

discard digits pre dot

prefix 0

the outcome for your example 0031612345678 would be 0612345678

so long, oliver

Hi there,

Thanks for you quick reply. I guess i will use a dial-peer voice pots for it. I can define the destination-pattern but i do not have the command discard digits. I can only use digit-strip but there i cannot put the pre dot command. I can use the prefix command. Any idea how to do this ?

sorry, i missed you are using CME

configure the following pots dial peer:

prefix 0

Thanks for the fast reply. How does the system now with this destination-pattern that 003 has to be stripped and that an zero has to be added ? Prefix 0 means the system puts an 0 extra to it ?

that's how dial-peer commands are working.

deletes all digits explicitly matches, and the prefix command add 0

for further readings see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/gatewy.html

"Dial peer commands are useful if only small changes to the beginning or end of the dialed number are necessary, such as prefixing an area code, prefixing a CO designator (NXX) to an extension number, or forwarding only the last four digits of a longer number. The wildcard matching within the destination-pattern command automatically deletes the numbers explicitly matched."

hope this helps, if so please rate.

Oliver

Hi there oliver,

There is no need for an forward-digits command in this dial-peer ?

no, forward-digits is an optional command.

you might use it only if you want to strip digits based on fix length (beginning from right)