cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up IPT phone (7912, 7940) with pw for IDD call

auraycats
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,can some one share with me how to set call manager V4.0 with pin and CSS to restrict public IPT extension to do outside local and IDD call.

Au Ray

Singapore

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After taking a look at the administration guides, I noticed that FACs are not mentioned in the 4.0 guide. They are available in 3.3 and later versions and 4.1 and later versions. I can't find documentation to support this, but it seems they were not available in 4.0 for some reason. Looks like you would need to upgrade to at least 4.1(x) to take advantage of FACs. Sorry for the bad news.

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use Forced Authorization Codes. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00807d11d4.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

Tks for your quick response. However, I can not this force authorication feature in Call manager V4.0. admin menu. The document advised is valid for 3.3 or later. Does my operating copy 4.02 (2a) sr2c admin version 4.0(0.333) miss something. How to activate the force authorization feature? need your guidance.

Ray Au

Singapore

After taking a look at the administration guides, I noticed that FACs are not mentioned in the 4.0 guide. They are available in 3.3 and later versions and 4.1 and later versions. I can't find documentation to support this, but it seems they were not available in 4.0 for some reason. Looks like you would need to upgrade to at least 4.1(x) to take advantage of FACs. Sorry for the bad news.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Au Ray and Brandon,

Here is a Field Notice that confirms this :(

Field Notice: Cisco CallManager 4.0(1) Upgrade Issues and Considerations

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a0080229a8b.shtml

Hope this helps! Sorry man,

Rob

Rob & Rbandon. I extraced the following from in Rob's suggested link. The

Force authorization code is only available in version 4.0 I have no solution in v4.0. I have informed my user group to implement the feature in newer release.

**Forced Authorization Codes and Client Matter Codes

Forced Authorization Codes and Client Matter Codes will not be addressed in Cisco CallManager 4.0, but will be introduced in Cisco CallManager 4.1 to be released in late 2004.**

Thks for your help

Au Ray

Singapore

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: