cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Express Controller and AP

john.underwood
Level 1
Level 1

The application is to provide wireless in three conference rooms, rooms are 20' x 50', on three floors, each conference rooms is stacked nearly on top of each other. Total concurrent connections to any one point <30. Total concurrent connects to the system < 50. Payload will be browsing and email. Seamless so users don't have to to make new connections when they change floors. I want to provide a "guest" open connection and dump them into a separate vlan. I already have the facilities in place to route this guest vlan to the internet. Our wired Ethernet is comprised of Cat 3560 distribution switches, Cat 4506 backbone switch and 3845 access router. Finally here are the questions:

1.) Can the mobility express perform the guest/vlan operations on its own with no need for a Radius or some other security server.

2.) Does the Mobility express controller seem appropriate given these conditions?

I will contact a partner for the final verification but I am looking for budgetary numbers and plan from which to start.

Let me thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, you can use the mobility controller for your network. It does support the guest VLAN feature and it also has the local radius server feature.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card