Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Groups CCME - 2 Questions

paul_alexander
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Im configuring CCME4.0 for a client and they have a small callcenter type environment.

When a call is directed to their hunt group they want all 6 phones to ring at once. I have achieved this by creating 6 ephone-dn's and overlaying them on all 6 ephones including their unique extension number. The hunt group will list all six numbers.

Problem i'm facing is that they can't logout of the hunt group because the DN's are all shared. Is there a way around this?

config:

ephone 1

button 1o11,40,41,42,43,44,45

!

ephone 2

button 1o12,40,41,42,43,44,45

!

ephone-hunt 1 longest-idle

pilot 589

list 579, 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585

timeout 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

statistics collect

description Main Hunt

!

-------

Secondly, is there an easy way for the client to forward a hunt group pilot to another number during lunch times or staff meetings?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What you have now is not a proper hunt-group, and as you have noted, you can't log out of lines that are shared and in hunt group.

You could have accomplished the same result, using regular lines in shared/overlay fashion, with cfb to each other. This wat, the forwarded all fucntion can be used normally.

Note that a proper hunt-group with hlog button will present calls to final destination when all user are logged out, making the forward function unnecessary. I suggest you have you customer to try a regular cycling hunt-group, where the phones do not ring all at once.

Anyway if you customer insists that he wants all the phone to ring at once (again thta is not the way professional hunt-groups work), you can try a script that I wrote for the purpose:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/bcast.tcl

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks mate.

I forgot to mention that they were using B-ACD aswell. But either way, I said to them you can have it this way and it works properly or you can just have it your way.

They chose their way.

Customers....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: