Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM config(Active/Stanby)

sureshkum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured Primary FWSM failover with statelink and configured Secondary FWSM failover with same primary ip.started detecting Mate.failover is configured correctly..Then i have stated to configure normal config link nameif, ip address..its started replicating the same to Secondary FWSM..when i though of doing Failover test i have reset the Primary then gave sh fail in primary..its is showing like bellow

ABCFWSM001# sh fail

Failover Off (pseudo-Standby)

Failover unit Primary

Failover LAN Interface FWFAILOVER Vlan 99

Unit Poll frequency 1 seconds, holdtime 15 seconds

Interface Poll frequency 15 seconds

Interface Policy 50%

Monitored Interfaces 0 of 250 maximum

but Secondary is in Active state..Primary status is disabled.

Kindly advice me how to start the config(like primary normal config first and Secondary is next..then on failover)...What's the correct procedure to go..and provide me the steps for failover config also..Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

sureshkum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Kindly provide me information. FWSM ver 2.3(4)--Cat 6509

Hi,

Kindly help me out in the above///

Hi

Can you post configs of both FWSM's + the part of the 6500 config that includes the firewall vlan-group xxxx bit.

What happens if you type

"failover on"

Jon

Hi,

Thanks for ur response.i will post the config soon.Kindly advise me how to start config for new fwsm with active/ standby mode..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card