cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO and Call Forwarding

tgurney
Level 1
Level 1

I've got an H323 gateway, with several FXO ports. Call forwarding to an external number does not work. WHen I press the CFwdALL button and start to dial the numbers it lets me put in 4 numbers and then gives the fast busy. If I put in just 4 numbers it seems to take it as ok and the display indicates call forwarding is ready. So how do I make this work ?

Works fine at another site via an MGCP gateway and a PRI, also works at another site where I have H323 and a PRI. Is it the FXO ?

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

If this is using CCM, I would look at the CSS assigned to Call Forward All.

Hope this helps!

Rob

OK I'll double check that but I don't want the call forward all button check there do I?

Hi Tom,

Are you referring to the Checkbox for CFWD ALL? If so this is only checked when the phone is actually in that CFWD ALL Mode.

Rob

Rob, I think what you are referring to are the CSS fields on the Directory Number screen in the Call Forwarding and Call Pickup section in CCM. 5.1 here btw. I think my CSS is correct there. Looks the same as others that work, and from that site those phones can dial out just fine. Wouldn't that indicate CSS is correct?

Also on this h323, i've mapped outbound calling to specific FXO ports. Don't know if that is a factor.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

Do the phones that can Call Forward All to the External numbers have the exact same CSS assigned to CFWD ALL?

Rob

Rob, no they do not but they are in different locations. I did indeed have a CSS difference in the CSS for call forward all and have corrected that. Now it seems to take a seven digit with preceding 9, when I program the phone, starts to dial out, hear a ring, and then fast busy. No I am really starting to wonder about my outbound mapping. If I have a call inbound on an FXO how do I turn it around and send it out the same FXO ? Can't work that way right? So did I shoot myself in the foot with the outbound call mapping?

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay :) You hit the nail on the head here. The call cannot forward back out on the same FXO. Each Call Forward to an External # will consume 2 FXO Circuits.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, Yep, I've got it resolved. I created an outbound FXO trunk, tied it to the FXO's, created a dialpeer that matches 9.T and since the calling number is the calling number on the outside it does not match my other dialpeers that map FXO's on the way out. Downside is that for Call forwarding it hunts for the next fxo and that line goes busy but for this function it will have to do.

Thanks for the discussion. I'm learning this VoIP stuff the hard way. Which is of course the only way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: