cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Issues with AIR-LAP1242AG

JHaynes4
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing the above AP's into a network and they are connected to 6509 switches using WS-X6148A-GE-45AF modules.

When the AP's are connected and the command show power inline is issued some of the AP's show up correctly as:

cisco AIR-LAP1242AG

but others show up as:

Ieee PD

these devices are having an issue connecting.

Has anyone else seen this?

All inline power is set to auto.

2 Replies 2

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know about anything specific to the 6500. Most of my devices are powered with 3560s, but I have seen the "ieee PD" message. Most of the time it is a cable problem. I would have a pin out check of your links. This link has a pretty good explaination the two methods of powering. Some devices need pins other than 12 36, though I am not sure which method Cisco used for the 1242. You could attach one directly to the switch with a patch cord to test.

http://www.bb-elec.com/tech_articles/Power_Over_Ethernet.asp

Randy

Thanks Randy. Actually the solution was simpler than that. We rebooted the switches and everything is working exactly as it should. Not sure what happened though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: