t.sriwetchasin
Level 1
Level 1

How to config DID in E1?

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have PRI, and do you have callamanager, or what ?

I have PRI and also have CCM. I want to translate PSTN no. to internal extension no.

Example. PSTN no. xx-xxx-xxxx translate to internal extension no. yyyy

How to config in voice gateway router, or setting in CCM is more flexible ?

My system is C3845 with VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 IOS 12.4 and 4FXS-DID CCM 6.0

If you use mgcp, all the config is in the ccm.

If using h.323 or sip, you can config in router, ccm, or both.

If I used h.323, I need to create translation rule into gateway router for DID or any other solution ?

thank you.

As mentioned above, you can have the translation done either the router, or in the ccm. Really it depends on what you like better to configure.

I'm in a similar problem. I have CCME running on a C2851 with a VWIC-1MFT-G703. The Telco is providing 30 DID numbers through an E1 connection. (58500800 to 58500829)

At this time all calls are ringing to operator because I set a "connection plar" command in the voice-port 0/0/0:1 which is the VWIC card.

I understand I should define DID numbers as secondary numbers in the corresponding ephone-dn's. I tried but unsucessfully. So, I guess I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance

No is not said that you have to create secondary numbers.

You can also use dialplan-pattern under telephony-service.

The syntax of the command really depends on how you configured the extensions numbers.

Another alternative is translation-profile and rule under voice-port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: