Views
Helpful
Replies

CallerID

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM 6.0.1

I have a phone that displays caller id from an outside call. I have another phone that does not display caller id fromt eh outside. Looking at how the phones are set up they look the same. Where do I need to look in case I missed something?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what are the phone models?

what do you see on the phone that does not display the caller id?

is the routing the same in both cases?

or do you reach one thru a translation pattern?

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We use 7960, 7911, 7912.

We are notified via e-mail that a Voice Message is left and sometimes the external number shows up and sometimes it does not.

All the phones are programmed the same.

you would need to gather traces and some debugs on the GW to verify is the issue is that the phone number is really sent but not presented or if the calling party info is not delivered to the GW since you can have the option to hide your phone number and that might be the case for the guys that are calling you for which you do not see their calling party information

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Is there a setting on each device the determines this?

on the calling side =), nothing on yours unless you have something on the gateway if it's H323 to do this and block or change this

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: