Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DOT1X-3-WPA_SEND_STATE_ERR

Hi All, i have a Testbed with following Scenario: Intel 4965agn n-Mode, EAP FAST /w AES => AP1252 => WLC4404, Rel. 4.2 => Cisco Secure ACSSE 4.1

The Client is not able to connect to the WLAN. The Controller Message Log shows as follows:

Mar 07 13:11:16.327 1x_kxsm.c:1124 DOT1X-3-WPA_SEND_STATE_ERR: Unable to send EAPOL-key msg - invalid WPA state (0) - client 00:1d:e0:6f:cb:43

The Cisco Secure ACS "Failed Attempts" Report shows: Authentication Failed/ ACS User Unknown. The User is properly configured in ACS.

I checked the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller System Message Guide, it shows:

Error Message %DOT1X-3-WPA_SEND_STATE_ERR: Unable to send EAPOL-key msg - invalid

WPA state ([int]) - client [hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]:[hex]

Explanation Client authentication failed because the session was not in the correct state when attempting to send an EAPOL-key message.

Has anybody seen this before and can help me solving my Problem? How can i influence the "Correct WPA Session State"?

Regards, Michael

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Some cards needs longer time for WPA synchronization. So increase the timeout value. To do this Click on the Security Tab, Advanced Security tab,Timersand and then go to the EAP Authentication subtab across the top. The control is labelled "Client Timeout". You can also try upgrading the client software to ensure compatibility.

Hi Member, thanks for your Reply. I tuned the Timers in advance. The Client is the 4965agn with latest ProSet. Rgrds, Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card