CCNP Lab Pactice

Unanswered Question
Mar 8th, 2008

i just got my cisco lab companion books as my next aim is to have my CCNP done in this year

I am just confused about the equipments mentioned in the lab companion book which are a way over my budget

for example the BCMSN book requires 2 3960 switches and 2 2960 switches which are too expensive for me

I already have 2 2950 switches,one 2520 router and 2 2620 routers but cant afford any more switches mentioned in the lab books

How can practice on the labs mentioned in the book

Do i go for a rack rental from a company and then practice on the labs mentioned and or is their any other way like using DYNAMIPS

Please suggest me a solution i am really woried i dont know what to do

do i need to use the Bryant advantage CCNP study guide instead of the cisco lab companion books to do La bpractice

Please help me out

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
jrensink78 Tue, 03/18/2008 - 12:56

3560s are the noted layer 3 switches in the BCMSN lab companion. You can use 2- 3550s and your 2- 2950s and should get the same results. You can find 3550s on ebay for $650-$700 each. Still not really cheap. If you can't swing that, here are some lower cost options.

There aren't a ton of layer 3 specific topics that require layer 3 switches. You can do some good practicing using just layer 2 switches. If you have routers, use them to replace your layer 3 switches and you can practice some of the layer 3 topics. You can probably do some layer 3 practice in Dynamips as well.

This Discussion