Views
Helpful
Replies

CME with secondary dial tone

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a request from a customer on CME, he needs his access code 80, two digits.

when i compose the first digit 8, i hear a fast busy tone, but as soon as i dial 0 (i have 80 now) the dial tone is presented.

can i change this behavior to be as it is supposed to be like hear the dial tone at the 80.

Good day

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you deconfigure secondary dialtone command, cme will not present any other dialtone other than the one when you pick the handset of use speakerphone.

View solution in original post

Do you have fxo lines? If so make DP with destination pattern 80 and he will get dialtone from telco.

Else teach him that access to external lines got to be single digit like anywhere in the world.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you deconfigure secondary dialtone command, cme will not present any other dialtone other than the one when you pick the handset of use speakerphone.

Hi and thanks for your help.

I agree with you that is an option. But we need to please the customer ;-)

he needs to hear the dial tone after dialing 80, but i guess i should tell him that is not possible.

Good day

Do you have fxo lines? If so make DP with destination pattern 80 and he will get dialtone from telco.

Else teach him that access to external lines got to be single digit like anywhere in the world.