cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My client shows up under Rogue Client

matt.s
Level 1
Level 1

Just installing 4402 with v5 and I have a hard time getting my PC on an AP but I do see it under Rogue Clients.

How do I trouble this issue and how do I remove it.

Thanks

MaTT

7 Replies 7

sabhasin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you clarify what you mean by "v5"? CCXv5 client? Also, when you click on "Monitor -> Clients", you don't see the client there? Do you see the client (mac address) listed under the output of "show client summary" from the CLI? Also, please post the controller code version.

Controller v. 5.0.148.0

Yes I see my client mac address under rogue clients.

Can this be caused by my client connecting to an hpsetup adhoc rogue?

Can do sh client sum on Monday.

So, your client is *not* connected to any of the WLANs that are advertised by the APs connected to the WLC, right? All it's connecting to, is the HP device, as an ad-hoc? If that's the case, it is rightly being displayed as a rogue. If i'm misunderstanding something, let me know.

That is correct... I've now added this AdHoc to a exclude list on my client.

Is there a quick way to remove it from the rogue client list? It seems to get removed after some time.

There are no other AP's in our Network. I'm I correct that all rogue AP's and Adhoc's should be marked as External?

Thanks

MaTT

the classification is actually going to be per your needs and policies. Perhaps this can help narrow down on what you can do:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.0/configuration/guide/c5sol.html#wp1345692

Thank You

MaTT

Matt

you probably should as a general practice disable or configure the WIFI on the HP printers. they transmit the hpsetup beacon every 10milliseconds, without listening for other stations, vs every 100 for the AP's and can really adversly impact the performance of a near by client.

regards

Bill

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card