cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPAQ 510 Voice Messenger SIP with CME ?

nrnick
Level 1
Level 1

Did Anybody successfully connected this third party phone to a CME ?

IPAQ 510 Voice messenger.

My company want to buy this for traveling workers and want to connect them with SIP to the CME when the worker are at the office.

The IPAQ 510 seem to use the Microsoft SIP Client on Windows Mobile 6.

Any help or config example would be appreciated.

We use a 2801 with 7931G, 7921G, 7911G SCCP phone.

Thanks !

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally, all third-party sip phones work with cme. You can have problems with features like transfers, conferencing, etc, but basic calls will work.

Config is simply mac address under voice register pool when phone is local to cme, add username and password when it is remote.

View solution in original post

No, it doesn't include that. In fact on a 2801 you can have 30 sccp phones and 30 sip phone concurrently.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally, all third-party sip phones work with cme. You can have problems with features like transfers, conferencing, etc, but basic calls will work.

Config is simply mac address under voice register pool when phone is local to cme, add username and password when it is remote.

Thanks,

BTW, is the maximum number of IP Phone for a specific service router include the SIP phones ?

ie: 2801 max ip phone 24

If yes, is there any work-around/upgrade possibility except switching to a 2811 ?

No, it doesn't include that. In fact on a 2801 you can have 30 sccp phones and 30 sip phone concurrently.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Send me the bill ;-)

Thanks a lot.

BTW, since we are talking about limitation.

On the 2800 family products comparaison chart (Cisco website). We can read that the 2801 is limited to 64 to 128Mb Flash filesystem and 2811 and above 64 to 256Mb...

I recently tested an upgrade with a third party (ACP_EP) 256Mb CF flash, and it is working just fine.

I need to replace the stock 64Mb CF with at least 128Mb... Because we have too many different type of IP Phones.

Am i looking for trouble going down that road ?

Not really. If you have time, stress test your CF exhaustively with copies, formats and boots, that's it.

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: