Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT!!! Migrating subscribers on Unity v3.1 to Unity 5.1

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am deploying a new unity environment (v5.1) and I need to import users who were already subscribers on an old unity server v 3.1.

How do I do this. When we try to use the Bult User Import tool, it wont allow us to import the users because they already were subscribers on the old unity.

More details...

What we are doing is this:

we have an existing unity server running on v 3.1.

We have deployed a new unity server v 5.1 with failover and we need to migrate users from the old system to the new one.

Please help! This is very urgent

Please rate all useful posts
5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you just uninstall the old 3.1 Unity server and now you want to import the existing users from AD into 5.0? If you used the uninstallation tool for 3.1 it should have removed the Unity properties from those users in AD - if you just removed the server from the network or the like then you'll need to use the Remove Subscriber Properties tool found in the tools depot on your 5.0 install to remove the Unity properties from the AD users before the 5.0 system will let you import them. You can also download the tool from here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BunnyKiller.htm

If that's not what you're going for, let us know. Also, I'm assuming you've opened a case with tAC - urgent issues such as this are not really appropriate to a user forum...

Thanks jeff.

I think what we need is the Remove Subscribers property tool.

Our scenarios is this.

An existing unity 3.1 server with about 800 subscribers.

we have just installed a new unity 5.1 server on a different hardware platform. We need to import users already existing on the old server to the new server.

From your explanation I believe we will need the remove subscriber properties tool. However I need to ask a question.

If we decide to roll back to the old server. Will the subscribers whose properties we removed stilll have their accounts on the old server

Deji Okanlawon

Please rate all useful posts

If the 3.1 server is still up and running you don't need to use the remove subscriber properties tool - just delete the subscriber on the 3.1 server and you can import them onto the 5.0 server.

An object in AD can only point to one Unity server at a time.

Be aware that you can't just flip as subscriber back and forth between the servers without losing data - the transfer rules, greetings, password, voice name etc... etc... will not be preserved. You can move a user between servers but you will have to reconstruct the subscriber data on the new server each time.

Tools such as GSM and COBRAS or DiRT can help migrating data between systems but require newer installs of Unity - 3.1 has been end of support for a few years and is just to old for support on these types of tools.

Jeff, just so I am certain. We have a customer who is still on 3.0 and we understand it is EOS and EOL, so am i correct to say that this would have to be a whole new install and they would have to go through their vm setup again. It is UM so they will have their Messages.

Yeah, there's no supported migration path from 3.0(x) at this point... it'd be a new install.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: