cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS - I lose access to all applications

patrickg
Level 1
Level 1

I think I have everything configured correctly, however as soon as I put the last tcp-promiscuous command in place on the core WAAS, I lose connectivity to all applications. What am I doing wrong?

I have a core site with a 6509 and core WAAS. I have an edge site with a 3750 stack and an edge WAAS. I have attached the configs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

61 on the LAN and 62 on the WAN will pin the traffic from the end users at the other end of the WAN based on destination IP. If you are going to have multiple sites load balanced across more then one core WAE, then you might want to reverse services 61 (wan) and 62 (lan) and load balanced based on source IP.

The router list on the WAE should specify the layer 3 address of the 6500 (interface or vlan) that is dedicated to the WAEs (separate from the LAN/WAN subnets).

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

Looks like your core WAAS is on VLAN 254 where you are intercepting wccp 62. If so, you need a dedicated vlan where you won't be re-intercepting the egress traffic leaving the WAE. This can create a loop of the traffic leaving the WAE and getting re-intercepted by wccp.

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the help. Can you please Veriy something for me. Since I am placing the WCCP on my 6509 here is my new understanding. I should place "ip wccp 61 in" on the VLANS with the hosts address I want optimized, and then place the command "ip wccp 62 in" on the interface connecting to my WAN router. Then I should specify the IP address of my 6509 in the router-list on the WAAS? Is that correct?

61 on the LAN and 62 on the WAN will pin the traffic from the end users at the other end of the WAN based on destination IP. If you are going to have multiple sites load balanced across more then one core WAE, then you might want to reverse services 61 (wan) and 62 (lan) and load balanced based on source IP.

The router list on the WAE should specify the layer 3 address of the 6500 (interface or vlan) that is dedicated to the WAEs (separate from the LAN/WAN subnets).

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: