Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLs PE at customer device recommendation

csco10387876
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Wht kind of device would you recommend if you were to have mpls to your customer site and offer them both L2 and L3 services like internet service or remote site connectivity.

Are the catalyst 3750 Metro a good option for that or should we go for a router and do a trunk with our customer or install a switch behind to partition trafic on VRF/VLAN.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

I would not recommend using a PE at the Customer premises.

THe choice of the device would depend upon the number of customer you would want to connect

Typically i would go for any ISR at the Customer site as CE and use a Metro switch to aggregate the CE connections (if on ethernet) and have a trunk to the PE which could be a 7206

Narayan

Thanks,

I don't know if the ISR will be powerfull for our application, we have voice and data trafic for the customers and the often have at least 5-10 L3 VPN for remote site and RAVPN

I suggested the ISR for the CE edge router and not the PE. This anyway requires that you are managing the CPE as well

As for the PE, you should go with 7206 (or probably a 7609) depending on the number of links that are being terminated

Narayan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card