cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

delete mailbox from cisco unity 4.0(5)

alberto.orden
Level 1
Level 1

we have users with full mailboxes,how can we delete them from cisco unity, the exchange is in the same machine and either domain.

Regards

5 Replies 5

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

You need to delete the Unity subscriber using system admin and then delete the exchange mailbox.

Deleting the Unity subscriber will not delete the exchange mailbox.

The link below will bring you to the Admin guide for unity 4.0 (5)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/administration/guide/ex/ex.html

Thanks but is a Unity Voice Messaging 4.0(5), and what i want is not to delete the subscriber and the exchange mailbox, i want is to reduce the exchange mailbox.

regards

If this is voicemail only server the first issue would be why the mailbox is large enough for you to have to reduce it. By default Exchange should delete any deleted messages from the Exchange store in Exchange 2000 immideately (0 days) and only keep deleted mailboxes for 30 days before purging them. If mailboxes are large, then there is an issue with Exchange not doing any maintenance on the server. If this is the case, to reduce the size of someone's mailbox on a vmail only system is to get into their mailbox via OWA (Outlook Web Access) and actually manually delete what you need (usually deleted items). To get into their mailbox via OWA do the following on the server.

Open Internet Explorer and go to this url..

HTTP://localhost/exchange/username

or

HTTP://servername/exchange/username

The username should be the alias of the account of interest in this case.

It will ask you for a username/password. Enter that user's alias for the username and their password. If you don't know their password, and since this is a vmail system, you can change it to whatever you need in Active Directory. Once you login, it will present you with OWA to their mailbox. It will look similar to Outlook 2000 interface on a user's machine. Choose the folders option in the left pane so you can see what's in the inbox and deleted items folders. Chances are their deleted items are not getting purged. Delete all their deleted items to reduce the size. Do this for all the users that have the largest accounts in Exchange System Manager first and this should clear a ton of space quickly. I hope this helps your situation.

Tray

Hi -

In addition to what Tray mentioned, which is a way to cleanup existing voice messages, here is a tool available for Unity which can be used to proactively address your voice message cleanup - http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

This is a supported TAC tool. It does require you to configure permissions for the account performing the cleanup, but should not be a problem since you are supporting Exchange onbox.

Regards, Ginger

I was going to mention this if they had a problem with the manual process. Only reason being, I have seen people have problems running it either because permissions issues or because the mailbox was so big that MSM failed and timed out or used up too many resources.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: