cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Binding

puchkisona
Level 1
Level 1

I want to bind the IP address with the MAC Address of the phone.how to do that?I dont want to give Static IP.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have cm or what do you have ?

Yes, I am having Cisco Call Manager 4.1.And I am having Cisco 7940 and 7902 phones.Here the scenario is that phones are taking ip from the DHCP pool when it register with call manager.suppose that i power off the phone for three days,again if i power on arbitarily its take another ip from the DHCP pool.So i want to restrict the ip with the MAC address of the phone.

Thanks

Depending on what you are using as your dhcp server, you can "reserve/assign" the ip address for a particular mac address. This way, the specific phone will always have the same ip address.

If you are using an ios device as a dhcp server, see the below doc on how to statically assign them:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipaddr/configuration/guide/iad_dhcp_svr_cfg.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: