Views
Helpful
Replies

X25 and Q-bit problems

grabaru07
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router Cisco 7200 with this IOS: "c7200-jk9o3s-mz.123-5a.bin"

This router has a X.25 serial interface and it works as follow: router receives a x.25 packet and matchs it into a Tcp connection to achieve a server with a specific application.

I have configured this functionality using translate command. The problem is that the match betweeen the two protocols, X.25 and Tcp, doesn't work properly, because instead of matching and comparing with X.121 address of the incoming call, as is specified in translate command, the match is done with the X.121 address of the own router.

Another problem I have, is that in some cases along X.25 communication, the router sets the Q-bit and this is the reason why x.25 peer doesn't accept the packet and refuses the connection.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, as long you've a translation command, router should accept the call. Can you produce traces to the effect it doesn't ?

Also more details would be needed related the q-bit problem.

Hi grabaru07

Please, could you tell me if have found a solution to this problem ? I have a similar problem whit Q-bit.

Regards

Alexis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: