cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone stuck in "upgrade"

robdawg01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7961 IP phone that I was trying to set back to factory defaults using procedures that I obtained from a product tech note. It is now stuck in "upgrading" mode and I can not access any button functions. Repeated power resets have yeilded no results. How do I reset the phone back to it's factory settings so that I can put it back into my production network?

4 Replies 4

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Try doing the following reset sequence: 3491672850*#

Regards,

-- adrián.

Thanks adrian forthe reply, I used the reset sequence that you suggested and the light sequnce changed from amber to red as they were supposed to, but now the phone display is blank and has been now for awhile. Resetting the phone gives the same blank screen. Any other help wouldbe appreciated.

--Rob

Hi Rob,

Do you try troubleshooting with a sniffer (I like Wireshark) to get some clues of what the phone is trying to do.

Regards,

-- adrián.

Hi, phone is looking for term61.default.loads and all the associated FW files, you need to have them available on your tftp server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: