cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which process recovers CCM Webpage Admin Username?

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

On CCM5.1.2 which process resets the CCM Admin Webpage back to CCMAdministrator? I've followed the guides to no avail. I can change the password but don't know the Username (the utils reset ui administrator password doesn't change the ID).

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Richard,

I think this is the method you are looking for;

Recovering the Administrator Password

If you lose the Administrator password and cannot access the system, use the following procedure to reset the Administrator password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note During this procedure, you will be required to remove and then insert a valid CD or DVD in the disk drive to prove that you have physical access to the system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

Username: pwrecovery

Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

When you get to this step you will get an option to Change either the administrator password or the security password.

Note The system resets the Administrator username to admin. If you want to set up a different Administrator username and password, use the CLI command set password. For more information, see Appendix A, "Command Line Interface."

Step 7 Reenter the new password.

The system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not contain enough different characters, you get prompted to enter a new password.

Step 8 After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password gets reset, and you get prompted to press any key to exit the password reset utility.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/iptp_adm/504/iptpch2.htm#wp1040303

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob.

Please don't let this one disappear into the Forum nether regions. Can anyone advise how to recover/change the CCMAdministrator WEB PAGE login?

I'm onsite and need it urgently.

Any help is much appreciated

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rob,

Thanks for reply but isn't that procedure to reset the CLI Username/Password. Don't think it applies to CCM Admin Page

Rich

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rich,

Ijust realised I sent you something different last month (my bad). Can you try;

From the CLI, use these commands:

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

**utils reset_ui_administrator_name

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

No probs....however....

**utils reset_ui_administrator_name Doesn't work on CCM5.1

:( HELP!

Anyone any ideas how to reset the CCMWeb page Admin Username?

AFAIK there is no way to do so, maybe you can try this:

run sql update applicationuser set

password='f3f84fcd7934cd48ef4fef0d9057c21d000ffe229fbd0a247ee491927aa30f02' where

name='CCMAdministrator'

this sets CCMAdministrator to 'ciscocisco'

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: