Views
Helpful
Replies

Router, VPN, Network Configuration

Qosmotecac
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

at our company we've bought a Cisco 876 Router with the Enterprise Feature Set.

Now I have to configure the System.

I would like to do the following:

Our Carrier has assignes us a transfer net for routing and a network for our router. In this Network for the router are official IP Adresses included, they should be usable via ports 2-4 on the router, port 1 should be a port which is directly attached to the internal network. This port should have an external ip address and a VPN & NAT Server on it so external users can connect via VPN and the internal network can connect to the external.

Any suggestions for this configuration.

1 Reply 1

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

what?

I am not sure I understand.

You are looking for a general config for internet set-up? Is this correct?

/30 for your outside interface

you will need an IP on each interface in a different subnet for what you are wanting to do.

Use a private for your internal, DMZ, etc...

On your outside interface you will have the public /30.

I do not want to sound rude, or out of place, but I am not sure if this community is for consult work on the posts. What you are asking for is consultant services. If you need assistance with setting up a new connection my suggestion would be to find a good company and pay for their services. This way they can be on-site and take care of all your needs and verify connection before they leave.

Here is a link that may help you get started:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/820/software/configuration/guide/routconf.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card