Views
Helpful
Replies

Boot Loop

aconticisco
Level 2
Level 2

Hello can someone help because my cisco 1603-R is only looping

System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(10)AA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Copyright (c) 1997 by cisco Systems, Inc.

and repeating again, do you have any suggestions how can I fix this issue thank you

9 Replies 9

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andrea

If you could capture and post the console output we might get a better insight into what the problem is.

I will suggest that I have sometimes seen symptoms like this that were resolved when we opened up the router and reseated the flash and memory modules. You might give this a try.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Yes in fact I have done so and have reseated both RAM and flash memory card but still same problem. Even if I switch it on without RAM and Flash card same problem. The output is just what I have posted first and nothing more

danrya
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with the other post. If you can set your terminal program to capture the test, and enter it here, it would be helpfull in answering your question.

first of all thank you for trying to help me,

if I understood well this is what you want,

CONNECTED TO SERIAL PORT com1 (9600-8N1)

Andrea

Thank you for posting the additional output. Frequently when there are problems booting seeing the actual console output may give clues about what the problem is. Seeing this console output I would assume that it is not a software problem but is some kind of hardware problem.

I would suggest that you disconnect all interfaces except your console connection and if there are any modules that you can remove then remove them. Then try booting again and see if the symptoms change.

If this router is under maintenance I would suggest opening a case with TAC. It looks to me to most likely be some hardware issue.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thnak you for the info,

I have already disconnected everything I could so now I am stuck and cannot do nothing.

I wonder if I could maybe try a different ram module since I have another router exactly the same model

Andrea

You could certainly give that a try. From the same model the memory should be interchangeable.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello,

you wull not believe it but as soon as I exchanged the ram of both routers both of them are working, at least till now !!

thank you for your Support

That's good news! Maybe one of them just wasn't seated good, and after reseating it made a better connection. Good job troubleshooting.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: